Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Silversmithing and Turquoise Mining Class in Nevada

This is some jewelry from the class Don taught in Tonapah in 2009.

Don Norris is teaching a Turquoise Mining and Silversmithing class in Tonapah, Nevada May 20,21,22,23, 2010, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

http://silversmithing.homestead.com/amyschedule2010.html#anchor_534

I am so excited to mine my own turquoise! I love that stone and want to make a pendant to hang from my sterling silver Viking knit chain. I have worked with Don before. He is a great teacher and EVERYONE will come away with a lovely piece of jewelry. Don's easy soldering methods got me back into doing silversmithing after a 35 year hiatus. I had convinced myself that soldering was just too difficult a process. But Don's method is easy and fun! It is fun to return to a craft that was lost to me so many years ago.

My daughter, husband and I have signed up for this silversmithing class in Tonapah, Nevada. But my daughter has a new job and she can't go. We are looking for someone to take over her reservation and deposit.